Wednesday, June 17, 2015

It's almost over??


What a view from the platform!


I cannot believe today is our last day in Costa Rica. I'm not ready to go home at all! I have learned so much here, experienced so many new things, and made a lot of great friends. Today we went zip-lining in the canopy, so that was AWESOME! It was so cool to be flying through the air and looking out over the beautiful forest. It was so clear, we could even see the water! Zip lining on 9 cables stretching a total of 2 miles was something I would have never imagined myself doing, but it was an incredible experience. One of the lines was even 456 feet high!
Casually zooming through the canopy at 45 miles per hour!
After that exciting adventure, we hung out in Santa Elena for the last time and had lunch. We had our last Spanish class today-- this week of classes has been good. Even though sometimes I think I have no idea what's going on in class, I really have learned a lot of Spanish. Our teacher this week did a really good job of keeping us interested by talking about topics we were interested in and using the grammar we were studying to relay information about Costa Rica. After completing 60 hours of class, I successfully graduated from Spanish Immersion School!
Jose presenting me with my Spanish Certificate







We had to say goodbye to all our instructors and the Missouri State girls today which was hard, they've all been so fun! I had dinner with my family tonight and gave them their gifts for hosting me. I gave the little girl and boy books about animals in English because they love animals. We played a game where they had to name all the animals in English and I had to name them in Spanish. We had so much fun and they were pretty proud of my Spanish (I did have to use my dictionary for rabbit and eagle).
My precious host brother and sisters

The kids all "helped" me pack and even went out to the store and got me a gift- a Costa Rican mug! I'm going to miss these sweet little kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment